One of the biggest investments any company makes is in its employees. That is one reason they are considered a company’s biggest asset. In fact many would say that the people are the company.
Shouldn’t you do all that you can to protect the investment that you have made in that asset. Few companies would even think of not having Fire Extinguishers in their offices and plants but you are 96 times, more likely to lose an employee to SCA (Sudden Cardiac Arrest) than you are to fire. In fact the most recent statistics show that 13 percent of all workplace fatalities stem from SCA. It kills without discrimination and unlike a Heart Attack strikes young as often as old.
Doesn’t it make scents to equip all of your facilities with AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators)?
More Reasons to Buy AEDs:
- Defibrillation within three minutes of SCA increases the chances of survival to 70 percent.
- Shock within one minute of collapse raises the survival rate to 90 percent.
- Calling 911 is necessary but the wait for first responders may take too long. (Avg. 9 min.)
- OSHA now recommends having AEDs in the work place.
- Having AEDs in your facilities help prevent frivolous negligence lawsuits.
- Many insurance companies now offer rate reductions on liability insurance when you provide AEDs.
More and more companies are purchasing and making AEDs available in the work place. It is not just good employee relations it is good business. Protect yourself and your people by purchasing AEDs and you might just save a life. They are cheap for the possible benefits that can be reaped and just like the insurance that you hope you never need to use, they are worthwhile just on the chance that they might be needed.